101 Things in 1001 Days
Last Updated: December 29, 2008
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
April 1, 2006
December 27, 2008
0 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes
indicates a completed item
1. See a dermatologist to have my moles checked.
2. Take a multivitamin every day for 30 consecutive days (hopefully becoming a habit after that). Completed 04/02/2006-05/01/2006
3. Give blood.
4. Don't eat "fast food" (McD's, Wendy's, etc) for 30 days.
5. Try at least one new recipe per month.
6. Learn to make a pork dish.
7. Learn to make a fish dish.
8. Learn to make a shrimp dish. Completed December 2008
9. Learn to make cheesecake (using a springform pan and everything).
10. Learn to make something involving yeast (I have never had a yeast recipe turn out correctly).
11. Learn to make something involving kneading (I have no idea how to knead).
12. Learn some CSS. Completed 4/2/2006 - 4/5/2006
13. Revamp my website (changing the graphics *does* count).
14. Revamp my blog template (just changing the graphics does *not* count). Completed 4/6/2006
15. Rejoin the workforce (or try; whether or not I get hired isn't necessarily up to me). Completed 8/21/2006
16. Start going to church again (defined: attend services 3 Sundays a month for 3 consecutive months).
17. Attend a Catholic mass (I am Protestant, but I've always wanted to go to Mass).
18. Stop cussing; I'm really not bad, but I tend to cuss while driving, and Luke is usually with me (defined: no cussing for 30 days). Complete
19. Call Connie (my best friend) every 6 months. Complete
20. Call Sandy (a friend I greatly miss seeing) every 6 months and try to plan a time to get together.
21. Post comments to at least 3 blogs each week (barring out of town trips, power or computer failure, or a truly serious life issue). Complte
22. Blog at least twice each week (barring out of town trips, power or computer failure, or a truly serious life issue). Complete
23. Send at least one RAK, even if just a card, every 3 months. Complete
24. Have our friends over at least once a year. Complete
25. Go out by myself once a month. Complete
26. Get a pedicure.
27. Get a "real" haircut and style.
28. Buy new undergarments (my current ones are ancient). Completed 8/2006 (various dates)
29. Wear jewelry once a month (besides the earrings and wedding band that I *always* wear).
30. Primp for a date with DH once every 3 months, including make-up.
31. Find a new shade of lipstick I like (currently only 2 I like, and I've been wearing them for years). Completed January 2008
32. Move to a better school district, or have a firm plan in place to do so.
33. Have new family portraits made. Completed 11/2006
34. Print some photos of Luke and put them in an album (currently, they're all digital only). Completed 2006 (printed scrapping layouts)
35. Go on vacation with my whole family (husband, child, parents, brother).
36. Get away with my husband, just the two of us, once a year. Complete
37. Use the china and crystal at least once a year. Complete
38. Decide if or when we want another baby. Complete
39. Make a will.
40. Bug my family (husband, parents, brother) until each person also has a will.
41. Have DH's cousin and family over for dinner.
42. Visit BIL at his new house (whenever it gets finished being built). Completed 3/3/2007
43. Decorate Luke's room when he moves to a "big boy bed." Completed October 2008
44. Take Luke to Walt Disney World (he's already been, but we want him to be old enough to enjoy it). Completed 3/15/2007
45. Take Luke to a baseball game. Completed 3/17/2007
46. Take Luke to the beach (as in down on the sand and water, not just the pier or boardwalk). Completed 5/25/2007
47. Restore our savings account to the amount we agreed. Completed April 2008
48. Start a Roth IRA.
49. Start a college fund for Luke.
50. Roll over my 401(k).
51. Buy a new vacuum. Completed 6/2/2006
52. Buy new dining room chairs (and maybe a table). Completed 12/22/2007
53. Buy a new mixer (preferably a stand mixer, but a new hand mixer would be fine). Completed October 2008
54. Replace my ruby earrings (I recently lost one). Completed 8/19/2006
55. Start taking the Sunday paper and using the grocery coupons.
56. Eat Japanese (Hibachi) at least once a year. Complete
57. Go to an NBA game (the only major US pro sport I'm missing; baseball, football, and hockey I've done).
58. Go to the symphony (I've never been; I know, it's sad).
59. Attend a cultural event at least once a year (symphony, opera, ballet, theater, etc).
60. Visit the farmer's market every 3 months.
61. Visit a museum once a year.
62. Visit an Asian market.
63. Go to the Georgia Renaissance Festival. Completed 5/6/2006
64. Go to the Georgia Aquarium. Completed 11/12/2007
65. Visit Arizona.
66. Visit Texas again.
67. Visit another country (Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Europe, Australia, doesn't matter). Completed 10/19/2006
68. Average reading a book a month (12 per year).
69. Read a graphic novel (suggestions anyone?).
70. Read one non-fiction book per year.
71. Read one of Shakespeare's sonnets every month.
72. Average seeing a new movie each month (12 per year; theater, DVD, or television). Complete
73. See all "Best Picture" Oscar nominees before the telecast if possible (they may not play here, and I won't do horror or gory films).
74. Watch Firefly (the series, probably borrowed from Ginny since she offered). Completed 8/18/2006
75. Host a stitching get-together at my house.
76. Start stitching again (defined: 5 hours per week for 3 consecutive months).
77. Finish A Midsummer Night's Fairy (been a WIP for at least 5 years).
78. Finish my beaded strawberry fob (again; I gave my first one away, then restarted it before Luke was born). Completed August 2008
79. Make a temari every 6 months, each one a different pattern.
80. Get cards for Christmas alphabet scrapbooks organized.
81. Make at least one Christmas alphabet scrapbook a year.
82. Re-learn to crochet and make an afghan for Luke.
83. Take a beginning quilting class.
84. Learn to set up the sewing machine and sew a straight seam.
85. Make a quilt for Luke (I already have the fabric).
86. Ride a new roller coaster.
87. Learn a new card game.
88. Learn to juggle (I gave DH a learning kit for Christmas; defined: juggle 3 balls for 1 minute).
89. Correct my Social Security information (just found out part of it is wrong). Completed June 26, 2006 (confirmed)
90. Renew my passport. Completed August 2006
91. Get a copy of my own birth certificate. Completed June 23,2006
92. Back up the computers every 6 months (at least). Complete
93. Burn digital photos to CD every 6 months. Complete
94. Try Firefox (the browser). Completed 4/4/2006
95. Update DH's wardrobe matrix (don't ask) every year.
96. Have our foundation inspected. Completed May 2008
97. Get my bedroom tidy and organized.
98. Clean out my drawers and closet; get rid of clothes I don't wear.
99. Box up the clothes Luke has outgrown. Completed 11/2007
100. Frame my Disney lithograph that has been sitting in the closet for over a year. Completed 06/06/2006
101. When 1001 days are up, update this list, then make a new list, including carrying over any of these not completed. :-)Completed December 2008